I like the concept and know how hard it is to show hospitality, which is probably why I don't completely understand it. The rose is very well done but maybe there's another way to show hospitality?
I agree with Steph about the difficulty of representing "hospitality"...have you tried looking for or thinking of general subconcepts of that, and making symbols from those? Such as a bowl of warm soup, a welcome door mat, a nurse's cap or something else?
Also, the body/door gives a sort of stained glass feel almost reflective of a church, which is very interesting considering they're known for being "hospitable". I'm not sure I would use a face unless I absolutely had to, hence thinking of more symbols to represent hospitality.
5 comments:
I like the concept and know how hard it is to show hospitality, which is probably why I don't completely understand it. The rose is very well done but maybe there's another way to show hospitality?
I agree with Steph about the difficulty of representing "hospitality"...have you tried looking for or thinking of general subconcepts of that, and making symbols from those? Such as a bowl of warm soup, a welcome door mat, a nurse's cap or something else?
Also, the body/door gives a sort of stained glass feel almost reflective of a church, which is very interesting considering they're known for being "hospitable". I'm not sure I would use a face unless I absolutely had to, hence thinking of more symbols to represent hospitality.
oh i love the little flower bowl.
definitely
The flower bowl. Period. That is PERFECT.
the flower bowl looks great. maybe try a flower in a cup of tea?
Post a Comment